As an industry market leader, CADA provides complete value chain energy company services and economic and diversified solutions that retains
clients and asset owners as
“Low Energy Intervention Partners”
Our Core Business
Carbon Asset Developer Associates LLC (CADA) is a carbon financing business. We originate, structure, warehouse, and on-sell carbon offsets, offering targeted solutions to both project developers and offset buyers.
Our team combines a 40+ year track record in global financial markets with a deep understanding of carbon project development utilizing IRS 45Q tax credits, UN Climate Change, and the World Bank Group. We can finance large-scale streams of high-quality carbon offsets for eligible projects. CADA does this through long-term offtake agreements which provide the financial support projects need to develop and expand.
- Attracting investment, carbon and tax credits for energy sector low emission and renewable energy projects.
- Improving the business environment for sustainable energy investments in global markets.
- Improving the competitiveness of energy companies by eliminating carbon leakage and avoidance of carbon border adjustments on carbon intensive exports.
- Promoting country carbon unit exports and purchases in developing and developed countries.
- Providing discount offsets to emitters operating in cap-and-trade jurisdictions.
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of projects in line with buyer Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements.
- Manage the relationship with the UN Climate Change regulatory body that oversees the operation of the umbrella structure post registration;
- Manage the inclusion of any new renewable energy-to-grid projects; and
- Arrange the independent third parties responsible for verifying documents and calculations (known as “Project Validators”) for continued registration purposes.
We offer climate finance opportunities under the Paris Agreement’s Article 6 offset markets. Providing our customers project equity and operating revenues. CADA as an Implementing Partner to Compliance Buyers under the Paris Agreement can authorize and verify emission reductions by public or private entities.
Carbon credits are a digital asset created by a crediting program that represent a verified emission reduction or removal, with specific rules and methodologies. CADA has the right as an Implementing Partner to hold and assert legal ownership over these carbon assets.
Businesses, in cap-and-trade jurisdictions, receive an allowance of carbon credits, each one representing the right to emit emissions an equivalent to one metric ton of carbon dioxide. Those that can’t reduce their emissions operate at a higher financial cost or buy offsets.
Cap-and-trade systems operate by limiting the number of allowances to companies and periodically reducing the cap. As a result, the price of allowances increases, causing public and private sector willingness to purchase offsets.
We partner with select high-quality and established project developers who have demonstrated in-country expertise and have clear and strong relationships with local stakeholders. Our model allows them to focus on their expertise: developing high-quality projects which deliver strong climate, biodiversity, and community impacts.
We are a relatively new organization, founded in 2014 in Trinidad and Tobago, and are continually seeking to add to our climate resilient climate portfolio. We are a Caribbean based company with an office in South Texas. As a result, due to owner Gary Clyne’s US citizenship, CADA is a certified SBA HUBZone, Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, and Texas Historically Underutilized Business.
CCUS Case Studies
- Protect health and safety and preserve environmental quality
- Maintain high standards for ethical conduct
- Enhance economic vitality of the communities where we operate
- Respect and trust one another as we carry out our roles and responsibilities
- Advocate a learning culture that embraces positive changes and benefits from lessons learned
- Create professional development plans, team assignments, cross training activities and educational opportunities that promote personal growth
- Mentor and coach to improve performance and expand knowledge while maintaining whole-life balance
- Evaluate and monitor performance against stretch goals and internal/external benchmarks
- Create and sustain a culture that is passionate about teamwork, open communication, our values, performance and success
- Promote best-in-class exploration, development and acquisition activities
- Align and leverage competencies and resources to efficiently execute projects and achieve our goals
- Earn a competitive rate of return on high-value opportunities while exercising financial discipline
- Empower people to make effective decisions and unleash an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters innovation and creativity